Monday 21 March 2022

Maria Sakkari reveals of what she was concerned before Paula Badosa match

Maria Sakkari emphasized that she was not worried about her semifinal record before going to court to face Paula Badosa at the Indian Wells Masters semi-finals. Before the Indian Wells, Sakkari had reached the semi-finals of seven finals in his last 10 tournaments.

Only twice did Sakkari reach the finals. On Friday night at Indian Wells, Sakkari defeated Indian Wells defending champion Paula Badosa 6-2 4-6 6-1. "I will tell the deadly truth that I have never thought of.

I have a lot of people around me who tell me about the semi-finals and that I couldn't get through this, "said Sakkari, who posted on the WTA Tour website." But I never thought about it because I was always confident. and I had a great belief that I would just fix it quickly and it clicked, I think. "

"I was very worried before the game because Paula plays differently than the other girls," Sakkari told the court. “You have a very difficult game, it is clear that you love this tournament because you won it six months ago.

I had full faith and always believed in myself. three and set the Iga Swiatek final at Indian Wells.

"I thought I was holding myself back in a few games, then I tried to be aggressive, but I was still stuck and it was hard to come back because he was playing very well in his service games," Sakkari told reporters after the game.

"However, even though I lost in the second set, the way I lost was a violent play, which helped me a lot in the third set."

Maria Sakkari

Maria Sakkari

Maria Sakkari
Previous Post
Next Post

post written by: